Finally, some good news for catastrophically injured women out of the MDL overseen by Judge Goodwin. ‘Specific Causation Reports’ are due by the fall for women who require individual litigation of their cases in state court for reasonable compensation for their injuries.
To date the most severely injured women are not included in the various compensation matrixes agreed to by plaintiff and defendant attorneys to date.
Transvaginal Mesh Pudendal Neuralgia Opt Out Attorney Greg Vigna, MD, JD, comments, “All of the devices used in POP and all devices used in SUI that pierce the obturator membrane are unreasonably dangerous. The risk of injury to the pudendal nerve and obturator nerve causes a catastrophic pain syndrome called complex regional pain syndrome (CRPS) also known as reflex sympathetic dystrophy (RSD) that limits any meaningful mobility, and interferes with bladder, bowel, and sexual function.”
Dr. Vigna adds, “Pudendal neuralgia is a condition that destroys lives and families. Now that the MDL Settlements are progressing and providing relief to 97% of injured women, there is a path to the courthouse for the remaining, most injured 2-3% who suffer with this condition. As a practicing physician, I understand this can be more debilitating than paraplegia. Individual litigation is necessary to provide real relief for these women to rebuild their lives and obtain the necessary medical care now and into the future.
Dr. Vigna and his trial attorneys he has partnered with have joined forces with and are busy preparing his clients for individual litigation using internationally known physicians to produce ‘Specific Causation Reports’ who can testify to the specific injuries to the nerves of the pelvis caused by pelvic organ prolapse (POP) devices and transobturator slings used for stress urinary incontinence (SUI) that have destroyed the lives of many.
Contact: Dr. Greg Vigna, MD, JD
Watch various videos on this topic. http://tvm.lifecare123.com/page/videos.html
SOURCE Dr. Greg Vigna